Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy

Sally Hansen Natural Beauty inspired by Carmindy

Lately I have been buying higher end products such as Bobbi Brown and Bare Minerals for mu cosmetics, but I have recently discovered these amazing products! They are by Sally Hansen (which I only ever associated with Nail Polish). The price point is a little higher than normal for drugstore ($8-$14) but I am enjoying these products.

If you're like me and you love Carmindy (What Not To Wear) then you will like these products. By the way, she uses all her own products in the makeovers on the show. So far, the products I have tried are the Brightening Concealer, Light Concealer, Light Translucent Powder, Forever Stay Moisture Gloss in Playful Pink and Cream Blush in Beaming.

Eye Brightening Concealer : This product is great. Its a light lavender color that I dab on my under eye area and it really reflects the light. It makes my eyes appear brighter.




Concealer : This goes on very smoothly and covers pretty well. Its been a while since I have used a concealer because my skin is pretty clear usually, but this does the trick and at $9 is better priced than some high end competitors.


Here is a Swatch of both concealers...(The Light blends so well you can barely see it but its to the right of the Brightening Concealer)



Translucent Powder : I think this product really does a good job at wiping away any oiliness but still letting the dewiness of my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation show through!




Cream Blush in Beaming!: This is such a pretty color, but the wear time is questionable. The only other Cream Blush I have ever bought is Urban Decay's AfterGlow Glide-On Cheek tint in Quicky (which BTW is VEGAN!) and that lasted almost all day, but I think I might have put too much on to begin with because my cheeks were super bright.  Anyway, back to Beaming. It is a sheer soft color good for those with a lighter skin tone.




Forever Stay Moisture Gloss in Playful Pink : This is such a pretty color for my lips. I usually try to go for something light pink or peach, but this is a warmer pink that just enhances my natural lip color. Beautiful! The texture is much like MAC which I love...i prefer sticky gloss to slippery so I guess this depends on your preference. Downfall...the smell is kind of off...like a super strong berry scent. Not my cup of tea.




Overall, I really enjoy these products for the price. I really want to try Carmindy's famous Airbrush Foundation, but I am a little scared to switch since I LOVE Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. I think I will give it a go though, and will update you with my findings.


(I was not paid or given any free products to post this review)

No comments:

Post a Comment